投稿者: vanilla_sky
vanilla_sky
vanilla_sky
Local time: 20:06
英語 から アラビア語
+ ...
Jan 31, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I've recentley heard of some websites which provide translation memory software such as SDL Trados. I need to know how such programs work. and what if I'm translating from a hard copy ?

Please provide me with your experience with such kinds of software.

Thanks a lot ,,
sincerely,

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
ポルトガル
Local time: 18:06
オランダ語 から 英語
+ ...
Technical Forum - Cat Tools Jan 31, 2007

Hi,

Your best bet would be to surf the Technical Forum (on this site) and specifically the CAT Tool Support section.

There are plenty of threads that will answer most of your questions and which deal with all different types of CAT tools.

Many of these tools can be downloaded on a demo basis so you can see what suits you best.

If you are working from hard copy, you'd need to use software to convert that document into Word (for example) before u
... See more
Hi,

Your best bet would be to surf the Technical Forum (on this site) and specifically the CAT Tool Support section.

There are plenty of threads that will answer most of your questions and which deal with all different types of CAT tools.

Many of these tools can be downloaded on a demo basis so you can see what suits you best.

If you are working from hard copy, you'd need to use software to convert that document into Word (for example) before using a CAT tool.

Regards
D
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation memory software

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »