Thread poster: RWS Community
julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
Local time: 08:27
English to French
Disable Next generation Plug-In Dec 26, 2010

rnunner wrote:

In how many months will all the issues with Jave be (really) solved?

I cannot add or edit terms directly in MT. (Yes, I have all the updates correctly installed).

I can add normally (in some projects, who knoes why, not) terms from within Studio, but from time to time Studio crashes. when adding a term. SP3 is a nightmare! Unstable and unreliable.

Hi Rnunner,

Disabling the Next generation Plug-In (Java settings in Windows Control Panel) solved this problem on my computer.

Hope this helps

Saša Jovanović
Saša Jovanović  Identity Verified
Serbia
German to Serbian
+ ...
Problem with TTX in Trados 2009 sp3 Jan 2, 2011

SDLErrorDetails time="2.1.2011 11:44:43">
ErrorMessage>QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plugin filter components. Failed to create component Trados.office12excelFileInteractiveParser [File type ID: SDL Trados Excel 2007 Filter 1.0.0.0]/ErrorMessage
Exception>
Type>Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888/Type
HelpLink
... See more
SDLErrorDetails time="2.1.2011 11:44:43">
ErrorMessage>QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plugin filter components. Failed to create component Trados.office12excelFileInteractiveParser [File type ID: SDL Trados Excel 2007 Filter 1.0.0.0]/ErrorMessage
Exception>
Type>Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888/Type
HelpLink /
Source>Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter/Source
StackTrace>
![CDATA[
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.PopulateQuickTagDefinition(IQuickTagAdministrator qt, String startContent, String endContent, Boolean isWellKnownFormatting)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.AddQuickTag(et_QuickTag eo_tag, String startContent, String endContent)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.SetForFilterDefinition()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.GetQuickTags(IFileProperties fileProperties)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Helpers.TranslationUtils.GetQuickTags(IFileTypeManager filterManager, IFileProperties fileProperties)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.UpdateQuickTags(IFileContainerNode fileNode)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.RaiseRequiredSelectionChangedEvents()
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.TargetEditControl_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs args)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at AbstractFrameworkEditControl.raise_SelectionChanged(Object value0, SelectionChangedEventArgs value1)
at AbstractFrameworkEditControl.OnSelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs args)
at FrameworkEditControlEventSource.SelectionChanged(FrameworkEditControlEventSource* )
at Tree.InputManager.v_MoveSelection(InputManager* , TextRange* )
at FrameworkSelection.MoveTo(Position destination, Boolean extendSelection)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.ActivateFirstSegment()
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.SideBySideEditor_AfterInitialUpdate(Object sender, AfterInitialUpdateEventArgs e)

]]
/StackTrace>
/Exception>
Environment>
ProductName>SDL Trados Studio/ProductName
ProductVersion>9.1.0.0/ProductVersion
EntryAssemblyFileVersion>9.1.2229.0/EntryAssemblyFileVersion
OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 7 Professional/OperatingSystem
ServicePack>NULL/ServicePack
OperatingSystemLanguage>1033/OperatingSystemLanguage
CodePage>1252/CodePage
LoggedOnUser>sasajovPC\sasajov/LoggedOnUser
DotNetFrameWork>2.0.50727.4952/DotNetFrameWork
ComputerName>SASAJOVPC/ComputerName
ConnectedToNetwork>True/ConnectedToNetwork
PhysicalMemory>3144180 MB/PhysicalMemory
/Environment>
/SDLErrorDetails>
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
CU9 Released Today (5 January) Jan 5, 2011

Dear all,

We have released Cumulative Update 9 today. This release should only be applied to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 and it includes all previously related cumulative updates (including all updates for previous service packs) plus the following new hotfixes:

• Under Tools > Options > Java Runtime Engine Startup a new option called St... See more
Dear all,

We have released Cumulative Update 9 today. This release should only be applied to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 and it includes all previously related cumulative updates (including all updates for previous service packs) plus the following new hotfixes:

• Under Tools > Options > Java Runtime Engine Startup a new option called Start Java Runtime Engine when starting up SDL Trados Studio> is now available. This option has been developed for more robust termbase editing and is related to the handling of Java-based components in SDL Trados Studio. Recommendations for using this new option are as follows:
    - By default, this new option is selected. This means that when starting up Studio, the JRE will be launched at the same time. This is the recommended setting for adding or editing terms from within the Studio environment as it ensures the fastest and most robust initialization of the JRE when adding/editing terms. For instance, Attempted to read or write protected memory errors should no longer occur when trying to add or edit terms.
    - If you uncheck this option and restart SDL Trados Studio, the JRE will no longer be loaded at the same time as starting Studio. This is the recommended setting for using the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Size options in the Adobe INX file type settings. These settings are otherwise ignored during startup as it is impossible to start the JRE with these settings. Defining these JVM settings can be useful for fine-tuning the memory requirements of the JRE when it comes to handling large INX files. You only need to work with this option if you translate large INX documents and are getting error messages about files being too large for processing. In general, SDL recommends that you use the new IDML filter for processing Adobe InDesign CS4 or CS5 documents. The new IDML filter no longer uses Java as a programming language and therefore is not prone to the JVM issues seen in the INX filter.
    Note that after changing the new JRE startup setting, you must restart SDL Trados Studio for the setting to take effect.
  • File type fixes:
    - XLSX: Text from Excel documents is now imported beyond columns A-Z even if any of the columns are hidden.
    - XLSX: Adding a space after the br tag is now supported (no more errors when saving as target).
    - XLSX: A file now saves back as target even if it contains hidden rows/columns that in turn contain formulas.
    - MIF: Structured Framemaker 9 MIF files are now fully supported.
    - DOCX: Index entries are now always extracted for translation.
  • The QA Checker offers better handling of merged SDL XLIFF files based on the ITD format.
  • Several fixes related to internal locked content processing in XML files. For instance, it is now possible to lock internal tags and any text the locked element contains in one big locked internal content block. This largely facilitates the handling of protected content enclosed within internal tags.
  • C++ runtime updates that were previously released separately are now included in the cumulative update (users no longer have to install them manually as in the previously release CU8).
  • OpenExchange: Several changes have been implemented to prepare publishing a new plug-in that will allow users to use other TM formats in Studio.
  • AutoSuggest dictionaries in TeamWorks packages are now supported.

After applying this cumulative patch, the installer version (listed in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 > Support Information) is updated to 1.3.2252.0.

More details can be found in http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1

A quick note for Beta testers is that you will not see Studio being updated as you have already manually applied this fix. But if you have any problems please email me directly.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Buggy Jan 8, 2011

Well, I have familiar news for you: the bugfix is buggy.
I just updated Studio and immediately got an "A generic error occurred in GDI+." error message when trying to view a large TM in the TM editor, accompanied by some graphics glitches. Clearly, the C++ runtimes are not up to snuff.
In the meantime, I have rolled back to a previous version (9.1.2229.0) with Windows system restore.

Errorlog 1:

<SDLErrorDetails time="2011.01.08. 22:15:29">
... See more
Well, I have familiar news for you: the bugfix is buggy.
I just updated Studio and immediately got an "A generic error occurred in GDI+." error message when trying to view a large TM in the TM editor, accompanied by some graphics glitches. Clearly, the C++ runtimes are not up to snuff.
In the meantime, I have rolled back to a previous version (9.1.2229.0) with Windows system restore.

Errorlog 1:

<SDLErrorDetails time="2011.01.08. 22:15:29">
<ErrorMessage>A generic error occurred in GDI+.</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<ErrorCode>-2147467259</ErrorCode>
<HelpLink />
<Source>System.Drawing</Source>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, SizeF layoutArea, StringFormat stringFormat)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationUnitFieldValuesColumn`1.MeasureFieldValueHeight(Graphics g, FieldValue fieldValue)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationUnitFieldValuesColumn`1.DrawCell(Graphics g, IRowInfo row, Rectangle cellBounds, Pen leftBorderPen, Pen rightBorderPen, Pen topBorderPen, Pen bottomBorderPen)
at AbstractFrameworkEditControl.PaintCustomColumns(CT_PaintContext* rco_pc, CT_Rect* rcco_layoutRect, UInt32 n_firstRow, UInt32 n_lastRow)
at FrameworkDocumentControl.vv_PaintFieldContent(FrameworkDocumentControl* , CT_PaintContext* rco_pc, CT_Rect* rcco_layoutRect)
at Tree.DocumentControl.vl_WindowProc(DocumentControl* , HWND__* , UInt32 , UInt32 , Int32 )
at FrameworkDocumentControl.vl_WindowProc(FrameworkDocumentControl* , HWND__* h_wnd, UInt32 n_msg, UInt32 w_p, Int32 l_p)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>9.1.0.0</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>9.1.2252.2</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate </OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1250</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>FARKAS\A</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>2.0.50727.4952</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>FARKAS</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>3916212 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Errorlog 2:

<SDLErrorDetails time="2011.01.08. 22:15:50">
<ErrorMessage>A generic error occurred in GDI+.</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<ErrorCode>-2147467259</ErrorCode>
<HelpLink />
<Source>System.Drawing</Source>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, SizeF layoutArea, StringFormat stringFormat)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationUnitFieldValuesColumn`1.MeasureFieldValueHeight(Graphics g, FieldValue fieldValue)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationUnitFieldValuesColumn`1.DrawCell(Graphics g, IRowInfo row, Rectangle cellBounds, Pen leftBorderPen, Pen rightBorderPen, Pen topBorderPen, Pen bottomBorderPen)
at AbstractFrameworkEditControl.PaintCustomColumns(CT_PaintContext* rco_pc, CT_Rect* rcco_layoutRect, UInt32 n_firstRow, UInt32 n_lastRow)
at FrameworkDocumentControl.vv_PaintFieldContent(FrameworkDocumentControl* , CT_PaintContext* rco_pc, CT_Rect* rcco_layoutRect)
at Tree.DocumentControl.vl_WindowProc(DocumentControl* , HWND__* , UInt32 , UInt32 , Int32 )
at FrameworkDocumentControl.vl_WindowProc(FrameworkDocumentControl* , HWND__* h_wnd, UInt32 n_msg, UInt32 w_p, Int32 l_p)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>9.1.0.0</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>9.1.2252.2</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate </OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1250</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>FARKAS\A</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>2.0.50727.4952</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>FARKAS</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>3916212 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe a TM problem rather than the update? Jan 10, 2011

FarkasAndras wrote:
I just updated Studio and immediately got an "A generic error occurred in GDI+." error message when trying to view a large TM in the TM editor, accompanied by some graphics glitches.

Hello Farkas,

It would be interesting to see whether we can reproduce this problem ourselves. The error is something quite unusual for us and a google on the error reveals some interesting threads like this one that refer to the possibility of complex script language characters in your TM;

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/95565/external-exception-thrown-from-measurestring-method-of-system-drawing-graphics

However, it's not clear why CU9 would cause this problem at all. If I can contact you off-forum and look at your TM then we can try to investigate this further?

Thanks

Paul

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sure Jan 10, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

... possibility of complex script language characters in your TM...

However, it's not clear why CU9 would cause this problem at all. If I can contact you off-forum and look at your TM then we can try to investigate this further?

Of course I would be glad to help. I'll PM you my main email address.
I'm afraid I can't help with troubleshooting because as I said, I have rolled back to a previous release and don't plan to install CU9 until this is cleared up; I obviously want to keep my work environment as stable as possible. I didn't look around much when it happened: I updated Trados, opened the TM viewer, saw the bug and restored the previous state right away.
The TM in question was a large TM containing most of the EU Acquis, based on the DGT-TM, so it could contain all sorts of things. I'll send it to you. BTW now that I have returned to the previous software version, the error message doesn't show up when opening the TM viewer and the graphics glitches are gone.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
Contact details Jan 10, 2011

FarkasAndras wrote:
Of course I would be glad to help. I'll PM you my main email address.

Just checking... you can mail me directly here [email protected]

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
CU10 for SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 released today Jan 31, 2011

Dear all,

We have released cumulative update 10 for SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3. In addition to the Autoupdate facility in Studio it is also available from KB article #3353 which has been updated accordingly and is now live.

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1

See below for the main details quoted from the article on what this update conta
... See more
Dear all,

We have released cumulative update 10 for SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3. In addition to the Autoupdate facility in Studio it is also available from KB article #3353 which has been updated accordingly and is now live.

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1

See below for the main details quoted from the article on what this update contains.

Includes all previously related cumulative updates (including all updates for previous service packs) plus the following new hotfixes:

• This cumulative update contains a number of forward-looking compatibility enhancements with the upcoming SP4 release of SDL MultiTerm 2009. Cumulative update 10 also continues to be compatible with the current SP3 release of SDL MultiTerm 2009.

• A number of enhancements and bug fixes have been implemented for increased compatiblity with SDL WorldServer 10.0 as follows:

• When upgrading a translation memory from TMX, any recognizer settings which may be defined in the TMX header are now honored during the upgrade process.

• The WorldServer package converter now fully applies translation memory and project level settings which may be included in the package.

• The WorldServer package converter has been enhanced to handle different structure in .sdlfiletype file type definitions in a more robust manner.
  • This cumulative update introduces support for FrameMaker 10.0 MIF (Maker Interchange Format) documents.

• Duplicate translation units are no longer added to the translation memory when only using main TMs (no project TMs) and running the Update Main Translation Memories batch task.

• Locked internal content is now always formatted correctly when using the batch pre-translate task.

• Exporting and re-importing translation units with locked internal content now works correctly in all cases.

• XML documents with complex tag structures and internal locked content are now handled more robustly and without "Key already exists" error messages.

• Word counts are now computed more consistently in PerfectMatches.

• Repetition counts for tags as well as date and time expressions are now always correct.

After applying this cumulative patch, the installer version (listed in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 > Support Information) is updated to 1.3.2261.0.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reporting back Jan 31, 2011

I just noticed that the issue I had with Trados never got cleared up in the forum.
After a couple of email exchanges with Paul, it became clear that the error I was getting had nothing to do with the CU9 update, I just happened to notice it right after updating and assumed the two were related.
In a nutshell, Studio has trouble with TUs that occur many times in the same TM with different text fields. In my case it was a TU from an EU Acquis TM that occurred over a thousand times, eac
... See more
I just noticed that the issue I had with Trados never got cleared up in the forum.
After a couple of email exchanges with Paul, it became clear that the error I was getting had nothing to do with the CU9 update, I just happened to notice it right after updating and assumed the two were related.
In a nutshell, Studio has trouble with TUs that occur many times in the same TM with different text fields. In my case it was a TU from an EU Acquis TM that occurred over a thousand times, each time with the document's celex number as a text field. Attempting to display 1000+ words in a small box in the TM editor view caused a display bug, which will probably get fixed eventually. It'll probably affect very few people anyway.
Collapse

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 09:27
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Standalone Studio 2009 installation should be targeted Feb 4, 2011

With multiple updates being released on a continuous basis - and after 3 service packs - Studio is gradually becoming more stable and workable. However, its installation still depends on the presence of preceding SDL products, and the installation of Synergy still requires the non-installation of a certain Microsoft .NET product. I have recently reinstalled Windows and because of this incompatibility with .NET had to mess with the update workflow of Windows to make sure the Trados installation w... See more
With multiple updates being released on a continuous basis - and after 3 service packs - Studio is gradually becoming more stable and workable. However, its installation still depends on the presence of preceding SDL products, and the installation of Synergy still requires the non-installation of a certain Microsoft .NET product. I have recently reinstalled Windows and because of this incompatibility with .NET had to mess with the update workflow of Windows to make sure the Trados installation went smoothly, and now I have Trados working OK and Windows behaving strangely, and I suspect that the installation of .NET out of order is the culprit.

To make a long story short, Studio needs to install on its own - and without any strange incompatibilities with certain versions of .NET or Java (the ever present Multiterm problem), and should have WinAlign included in its own package.

I am sure many SDL customers feel the same way.
Collapse

Susanne Rieg (X)
Susanne Rieg (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Pretranslate not working correctly Feb 9, 2011

After the latest update (2261) I have a problem with a project created before the update. I have several TTX files to translate and wanted to pretranslate the remaining files in the Files Window after having finished the first couple of files. I now get the error message: "Could not find file ".xxxx xxxx.doc.ttx" even though these files are where they have always been.
If I open the files individually in the Editor Window and do a "Pre-translate", it works...
Is this behaviour by de
... See more
After the latest update (2261) I have a problem with a project created before the update. I have several TTX files to translate and wanted to pretranslate the remaining files in the Files Window after having finished the first couple of files. I now get the error message: "Could not find file ".xxxx xxxx.doc.ttx" even though these files are where they have always been.
If I open the files individually in the Editor Window and do a "Pre-translate", it works...
Is this behaviour by design???
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Progress On Reported SP3 Issues

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »