Exported Document
投稿者: Alisha Rice
Alisha Rice
Alisha Rice  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 20:26
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Jan 5

I exported my document from Trados Studios, and it puts it in a table format. I need to change the forma,t but it won't allow me to because it is in table format. How can I get it out of table format so I can edit it? There's no way for me to make changes as long as it's in this form in Word.

Michael Newton
 
Mugdha Ghate
Mugdha Ghate
インド
Local time: 08:56
2012に入会
マラーティー語 から 英語
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Exported Document Jan 6

Export the document with "save target as" and you will get a clean file and you can edit it using Word, and also track changes, if you need.
or you can export it for bilingual review and you can still edit it in table format.


 
Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly  Identity Verified
フランス
Local time: 05:26
2022に入会
ドイツ語 から 英語
+ ...
Ways of exporting Jan 6

Normally "save target as" will give you the same file format as the original file, whereas going to the review tab and generating a file for external proofreading will give you the table with source language on the left and target language on the right. So you probably want the former.

Sebastian Witte
 
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
オランダ
Local time: 05:26
2006に入会
英語 から アフリカーンス語
+ ...
@Alisha Jan 6

Alisha Rice wrote:
I exported my document from Trados Studios, and it puts it in a table format.

You probably did this:
Right-click the file or project > Batch Tasks > Export for Bilingual Review

You should have done this:
Right-click the file or project > Batch Tasks > Generate Target Translations


Sebastian Witte
 
Harishankar Shahi
Harishankar Shahi  Identity Verified
インド
2014に入会
英語 から ヒンディー語
+ ...
How you have exported it? Jan 7

Alisha Rice wrote:

I exported my document from Trados Studios, and it puts it in a table format. I need to change the forma,t but it won't allow me to because it is in table format. How can I get it out of table format so I can edit it? There's no way for me to make changes as long as it's in this form in Word.


Have you exported it as Bilingual Review format? Change the export format while using "Save Target As" or use Shift+F12 then you can also chose the option. For bilingual review, it always come with table. If anything else please explain your method or options.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exported Document







CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »