Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 14

Hello everyone

I translate Wordbee projects by exporting to Excel and then importing again. I've noticed, however, that if the source text contains tabs, then those tabs do not survive the export to Excel... which means that they are also not present in any translations that I do.

How can I search for segments that contain a tab, or filter segments to show only segments with a tab in it?

I've tried searching for the actual tab character with Unicode code
... See more
Hello everyone

I translate Wordbee projects by exporting to Excel and then importing again. I've noticed, however, that if the source text contains tabs, then those tabs do not survive the export to Excel... which means that they are also not present in any translations that I do.

How can I search for segments that contain a tab, or filter segments to show only segments with a tab in it?

I've tried searching for the actual tab character with Unicode code 0009, but although this allows me to paste the tab character into the search field, it doesn't find any matches.

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2024-04-14 13:48 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:42
English to Russian
Regex \t or wildcard ^t Apr 15

This page mentions that Wordbee can do regex search: https://help.wordbee.com/wbt/search-bar
If so, probably you can search for \t

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Stepan Apr 15

Stepan Konev wrote:
This page mentions that Wordbee can do regex search...

Thanks, that works (one also has to select the language in which to search).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordbee -- how to search for or filter by tabs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »